As it does each year, the American Conservative Union (the hosts of CPAC where we live blog each year) researched and selected a range of bills before Congress that determine a member’s adherence to conservative principles. They selected bills that focus on Ronald Reagan’s philosophy of the “three-legged stool”:
1) fiscal and economic: taxes, budgets, regulation, spending, healthcare, and property;
2) social and cultural: 2nd amendment, religion, life, welfare, and education; and,
3) preserving our nation’s security by maintaining a strong national defense.
The wide range of issues covered are designed to give citizens an accurate assessment of how Members of Congress best defend the principles of a free society: Life, Liberty and Property.
The votes selected by the ACU are not always considered the “most important” votes as defined by others; instead the votes they score help reflect the ideological distinction among our elected officials.
You can download your own copy here, or read it below.
You’ll see that Congressman Dave Brat, (pictured here with Matt Schlepp, Chairman of ACU) the defector of Eric Cantor in his home primary, picked up an Award for Excellence with a perfect ACU ranking of 100.
And last night we were there to see some of the recipients collect their awards, check out the photos below.
Sign up for our FREE newsletter!Sign up to receive daily updates, political news, action letters and additional messages from Conservative Republican News
November 10, 2016 By Katie
March 21, 2016 By Katie
December 19, 2016 By Kent Kellar
December 5, 2016 By D.E.
- CPAC 2017 panel: Armed and Fabulous
- Wayne LaPierre: ‘The election has consequences. And we won.’
- Nigel Farage: 2016 was the ‘beginning of a great global revolution’
- Cartoon: Freedom Fighters
- Donald Trump at CPAC: “We’re gonna start winning again”
- Tom Fitton: Fighting government corruption matters to the American people
- Dana Loesch: I had the right to bear arms before I had the right to vote
- Sen. Ted Cruz and Mark Levin: a conversation about the Constitution
- Sen. Jim DeMint: ‘The opportunities for American conservatives have never been greater’
- Illegal Aliens Drain Millions from Social Security