As it does each year, the American Conservative Union (the hosts of CPAC where we live blog each year) researched and selected a range of bills before Congress that determine a member’s adherence to conservative principles. They selected bills that focus on Ronald Reagan’s philosophy of the “three-legged stool”:
1) fiscal and economic: taxes, budgets, regulation, spending, healthcare, and property;
2) social and cultural: 2nd amendment, religion, life, welfare, and education; and,
3) preserving our nation’s security by maintaining a strong national defense.
The wide range of issues covered are designed to give citizens an accurate assessment of how Members of Congress best defend the principles of a free society: Life, Liberty and Property.
The votes selected by the ACU are not always considered the “most important” votes as defined by others; instead the votes they score help reflect the ideological distinction among our elected officials.
You can download your own copy here, or read it below.
You’ll see that Congressman Dave Brat, (pictured here with Matt Schlepp, Chairman of ACU) the defector of Eric Cantor in his home primary, picked up an Award for Excellence with a perfect ACU ranking of 100.
And last night we were there to see some of the recipients collect their awards, check out the photos below.
Sign up for our FREE newsletter!Sign up to receive daily updates, political news, action letters and additional messages from Conservative Republican News
November 10, 2016 By Katie
March 21, 2016 By Katie
December 19, 2016 By Kent Kellar
- GUINNESS FOR STRENGTH: Man hit by bus outside pub dusts himself off, walks inside (VIDEO)
- Sick new liberal demand: All white babies must be aborted
- Anti-Trump Secret Service Agent Escapes Punishment
- VIDEO: Game over. CNN caught on tape admitting they fake the news
- Liberal DA claims ISIS behind concealed carry movement
- HATE: Video of NE Dem Wishing Scalise Was Killed
- Fake Russian dossier on Trump traced back to Democrat firm
- SICK: Anti-Trump liberals again throw their own feces at police
- More liberal terrorism: Two charged with attempted murder in stabbing at Trump event
- HIT LIST: Liberals have vowed to kill 30 GOP congressmembers in just the last 7 weeks